Saturday, October 5, 2013

A New Adventure

Thanks to our being a military family we get the awesome opportunity to move every few years.  I hate moving.  It's always so much work.  But I love having friends all around the world.  As always it was really hard to leave those friends behind.  But we look forward to all the new friends we will get to make.
Say good bye to the old home.  We worked so hard on to make this shell of a house a decent home.  We literally finished the landscaping hours before we drove away.  I hope the renters enjoy it.  We made a lot of great memories in this home.
 
We took 6 days to drive from Idaho to Louisiana (our new place of residence).  I tried to have something fun to do everyday of our trip.  Our first stopping point was Utah.  Of course I had to take the kids to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point.  Dad and Uncle Andrew had a lot of house to load up into the trucks and since 5 littles tend to get in the way we left early.  Thankfully Aunt Katie met me at the museum.  Such a blessing to have another adult help watch the excited kiddos.

 
Notice Braelynn is barefoot?!  My friend was watching her while I cleaned up the house before we left.  When I picked up the kids we loaded up and left for Utah.  I was halfway to Utah before I realized Braelynn didn't put her shoes on.  My friend gave the shoes to Dad to bring to us but we didn't meet them until the next morning so Braelynn toured the museum barefoot.

 
Jordynn really loved digging in the wet sand.

 
Nana has been teaching the boys about fossils and they LOVED seeing the skeletal fossils of all these extinct animals.  The weirder the better!

 
Love Aunt Katie!  Glad you could come!

 
Unearthing fossils in the dig zone!

Dad and Uncle Andrew were supposed to meet us in Springville that night.  We had planned on camping in the camp trailer all along the way.  But they were VERY late leaving Idaho and it was nearly midnight before they finally made it to our stopping point.  I didn't want to sit in a dark parking lot waiting for them so I drove out to Midway and crashed at Aunt Katie and Uncle Kyle's house.  Thanks for taking us in guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment